milan fashion week love

I’ve been scrolling through Instagram quite frequently this week (as usual) and have seen a whole assortment of snaps from Milan Fashion Week; fascinated by the variety on the Catwalks I took myself to Vogue.com to have a more in depth insight to the different collections, and branch out and look at more unknown / smaller designers, unlike my usual favourite designers.
Firstly I was captivated by the Versace show – it was very visually pleasing and I loved the use of bold, flamboyant colours like neon blue, oranges and yellows; which worked well with the heavy eye makeup, funky hair extensions and edgy shoe choice. 

 "This is a collection about the power of women, and women who know how to use their power,” - “It is a call for unity, and the strength that comes from positivity and hope." 

The enforcement of feminism was highlighted through the whole collection, with words such as loyalty, equal, unity branded across beanies, shirt collars and body con athletic tops.
I always find it inspiring when people with big platforms, especially designers use their voice for something good, and Donatella Versace does exactly that with this collection, inspiring a mass audience who've been at the show or who blog / instagram Donatella's collection. 
For this season Edun took most inspirations for different textures and hues from artist Micalene Thomas' eccentric photographs in the book Muse. I love the simplicity in the collection also as well as the use of bold colour choices with the use of burnt oranges and reds. Prior to this I was completely clueless that Edun was a sustainable fashion label, simply because they don't have the "typical" earthy conventions, but a unique view point in terms of sustainability. The use of oversized garments, chunky turtlenecks and elongated silhouettes really works well, and stands out. 

Another favourite of mine from Marc Jacobs current collection, not going to lie I turned my nose up at him after the whole dreadlock controversy, but looks like he's bounced back my using a wide variety of models - especially women of colour to represent his Hip-Hop inspired theme. The whole set up was quite cool with no exact set up, music or iphone photography - quite interesting if I say the least. The out come definitely wrapped it all off with models playing music outside with massive surround systems taking photographers of people as they left; which I thought was quite playful and interactive. 
I haven’t really heard of Han Wen before, but their current collection immediately stuck out for me whilst I was browsing through vogue. The thing that interested me the most was the different silhouettes and shapes chosen, which are constructed to have a sort of “uncompleted” as well a put together look. Especially with the messiness of the skirt alongside the juxtaposition of the tucked / untucked shirt. It’s all a bit wacky, but works so well. It sure was hard having to narrow down a total of three looks. The same goes with Clio Peppiatt, I don't think they had a catwalk show at Milan Fashion Week but I stumbled on their collection briefly and found all their statement pieces quite load and very eye catchy, working well with the sepia tone images taken backstage. The  pops of colours and textures like fur and chiffon to work really well. I also thought the choice of models  all worked really well in their favor. I can't wait to see more snaps from Paris fashion week this upcoming month! 

- Chrissy x 
pictures found on vouge.co.uk & google

Post a Comment